What is Laser Treatment for Kidney Stone?
The laser treatment for the kidney stone is called ureteroscopy and it is highly efficient technique used by the urologist regularly.The success rate of such treatment is up to 80 percent. In some cases, the doctor may insert a stent the help the passing of the stone pieces to move to the bladder.
The best thing about the laser treatment is that it does not require any cut or incision to the patient. The laser targets the stone and breaks them into small pieces. There remains a slight risk ofblood loss and infection duringureteroscopy.
Benefits of Laser treatment for Kidney Stone
- It does not require an open surgery.
- It has a success rate of 99 percent.
- Doctor can treat up to 3 cm of stone.
- You do not need to get hospitalized for many days.
- You can resume working within a week
- It is the best treatment for bleeding diathesis
- It is the best treatment for hard stone
- It is the best option for stones in very dependent lower calyx
- It is the best option for post PCNL residual stone
What are the chances of stone formation?
There are following symptoms of growing stone in your kidney –
- When the person does not drink sufficient liquid per day.
- When the person consume protein rich diet which increases the acid in the body.
- When salt content is higher in daily intake.
- Hereditary factor.
- Gastric bypass surgery.
- High stress levels.