What is pediatric urology treatment?
When young kids or teenagers have urinary problems affecting kidneys, ureter, bladder and genitals, then you require services of pediatric urologist.
What are various types of treatment available here?
Pediatric urologists generally provide the following services:
- Evaluation and management of voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery
- Surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, and bladder) including genital abnormalities, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development
- Surgery for groin conditions in childhood and adolescence (undescended testes, hydrocele/hernia, and varicocele).
- Evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease
- Surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis
- Evaluation and management of urological tract problems identified before birth
- Evaluation and management of urinary tract problems associated with neurological conditions such as spina bifida.